Sunday, January 4, 2015

Designing Exhibits for Small Spaces

It never fails to suprise me how many times this little presentation is accessed from my academia.edu site.  I took a little time to update the original file, which accompanied a talk I gave to the Huron-Perth-Middlesex Museum Network back in 2013.  Practical advice for exhibit design on a shoestring budget and for small spaces is sometimes hard to come by, and this slideshow is hardly exhaustive.  It was meant mostly as a spark for conversation, or as a starting point in the creative (or desperate) planning stage, for other museum staff and volunteers struggling to freshen up old exhibits or design new ones. 

You can download the newly updated file here in all its copyright infringing glory.  I received no remuneration for this presentation or accompanying talk, and offer it freely.  Photos I used were scraped from the Internet because they show examples that depict excellence and/or creativity in small exhibition design.


No comments:

Post a Comment