Sunday, June 21, 2015

Canadian Aviation Historical Society Convention

I had the great privilege to present about my beloved museum today (June 18, 2015) at the CAHS annual convention, which is being held in Hamilton, Ontario.  I've never attended one of their conferences before, and, so far, I'm thoroughly loving it.  I'm not an aviator, nor do I have an aeronautical background, but the joy of the CAHS is that it makes aviation history accessible to all.  Presenting at the conference was a pleasure, although I was quite nervous that everyone would know more about radar than me.  I decided not to focus on the technical aspects of radar or the technical advances through WWII, but to talk about the work the museum does, and to share some of my favourite stories as originally told to me by veterans at the museum.  That's what I love most about my job, the ability to share true stories and make connections between the past and the present through personal anecdotes and memories.  I'm looking forward to the rest of this conference, although I probably won't get a chance to post this, or any further entries until I return home in a few days.

Membership in the CAHS is worth it, just for this amazing journal.  Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment